Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,987Gear list
Like?
Dungeness, a photographer's dream - in colour
Mar 30, 2012

..... and yet, even though I see lots of other pictures of it - whenever I go, I seem to be the only (serious) photographer around.

If you live in the southeast of England, get yourself down there regardless of weather. Very close by are the RSPB reserve, the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch miniature steam railway, ancient Rye and Wnchelsea cinque port towns. Plenty for a full day of picture taking.

A great area even in poor weather when one can emphasise more the desolation of the place - maybe B+W is best then.

I have B+W conversions of most of these in the B+W forum under the same thread title posted yesterday.

Note in the 3rd picture, the colour co-ordinated cottage, caravan and wild flowers (with 2 nuclear power stations behind).

The Black and yellow cottage belonged to artist/film-maker Derek Jarman and has a poem written over the LH side - The sunne (sic) rising and the artists "art garden" can be viewed at the rear. DJ is dead BTW, but the current owners are happy for you to view.
Taken over 3 different years with D200, D300, D700.
Vic

-- hide signature --

When all else fails - read the instructions.

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow