D7000 or E-5

Started Feb 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
George Hartogensis
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Re: Low ISO: E-5 High ISO: D7000
In reply to jl_smith, Mar 30, 2012

My assertion that 4/3d's is dead is not based on crybabies but on the following:

The E-5 is not an innovative camera. It is a refinement of existing 4/3 tech but there were no innovations in it. To me that indicates that Olympus has no interest in pushing the technology further. The E-5 was a bone for the faithful which in itself is not a bad thing, but it is way over-priced for what you get.

Olympus is doing great things with M4/3. They are smart to cut and run and I don't see why they would not continue to do so. Why should they compete in a market that will soon be relegated to a niche ala full frame, when they can dominate in what is clearly the future? The OM-D EM-5 is everything that the E-5 should have been: Innovative and sexy.

I read the other day that Olympus is planning an E-7. From the looks of things the E-Series may continue as a pro offering. Given the value proposition of 4/3 vs APC, I do not see a bright future for the E-Series, Pro or otherwise.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow