Capture Date rule: is it time to retire it?

Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
fouad6
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Re: Capture Date rule: is it time to retire it?
In reply to RossAndrew, Mar 30, 2012

If I took a once in a lifetime picture of a Kodiak Bear attacking and tearing into a Moose in Alaska, on Jan 1, 2012 and a challenge was announced about say, wild animals feeding in natural environement, on Jan 2, 2012, I would not be allowed to enter it because it was taken 24 hours too soon.

Mr. Cheat takes a picture of a frog in Yosemite gulping down on mosquitoes by the side of the road on Jan 1 1996 and alters the date to read Jan, 3, 2012 and enters his photo.

Where is the logic in that.

What matters is that a good picture that pertains to a challenge is submitted for the enjoyment of all, what does it matter when it was taken?

I think we are at a point where arguments about this will be useless as now arguments are being made not to logic but to keep one's face.

But it is good to see that at least some here on DPR agree with the date rule being totally and completely useless and uselessly prohibitive to the honest members.

fouad6's gear list:fouad6's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow