Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
jkr77
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
Re: Need photo browser/organizer for "new" iPad
In reply to Redcrown, Mar 30, 2012

Redcrown wrote:

Again, I just a newbie with only 4 days of iPad/iTunes experience, but

Using the "new" iPad3 and the latest version of iTunes on Windows 7, I'm not seeing any degradation in jpeg images moved to the iPad. No compression, no color shifts.

I've moved images via iTunes to the default Photo "camera roll", then e-mailed them back to my self. Loaded the original and the returned image as Photoshop layers and did a "difference" blend mode. No difference seen, on images of various sizes, inlcuding huge 5D2 images.

are you sure about that? Ive found that if you transfer files through iTunes its results in a severely downrezzed file on the iPad. If you have iphoto you can pull up the info button and see that the original full res file is not on the tablet. It's hard to tell with the stock photo app since there's no "info" for each jpeg..

I've found that emailing and the camera connection kit guarantees you transfer the full res jpeg.. I found a 5 dollar hong kong CCk on amazon that works great..

jkr77's gear list:jkr77's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow