Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KaiserX
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Leica CF-22 on X100
Mar 30, 2012

I have a Leica CF-22 flash for my DLUX-5. I went ahead and tried it on my X100 and it flashed and worked fine, as far as just popping the flash off goes. TTL does not work, but I set it to Manual Low (M Lo) and from there I fine tuned the adjustments to get what I wanted.

So what seemed to work best for me was to set the ISO to 200 and in A mode, adjust the Aperture based on how far away I was from the target.

So for a room, I set to f2.0 or 2.8...

...and about 4 or 5 feet from the target I moved it to about f5.6...

...and for the closest of objects, which might not really make sense, none the less an f11 seemed to do the trick.

I set the X100 menu item "External Flash" to On and manually set the WB in K to 5600K. The Flash Compensation had no effect and the Exposure Compensation had no effect except with f2.0 or f2.8 if the ISO was like 1600 and the image was gonna be bright. I did get some decent results with a medium f-stop, high ISO and the ND filter turned on. Like from this (ND Filter OFF)...

...to this (ND Filter ON)...

No picture ever really came out right the first time, they all required 3 or 4 shots to get close to what I wanted. I'm not sure if it'd be that useful, but there it is as an option, anyway.

KaiserX's gear list:KaiserX's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow