ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NovemberSun
Regular MemberPosts: 393Gear list
Like?
Still a bit confused about Media type/ICC's and printer driver
Mar 30, 2012

Hi everyone.

Ill try not to waste to much time so ill get straight to the point and the question.

I use a colormunki photo to calibrate my Dell U2410 and to create ICC profiles for my Canon 9000 II. I have no problems calibrating and creating profiles. They look great.

My question is regarding the paper selection and the media type in canon photo print pro program. I print just about everything from this program except when I print 11x14 and have to use the print with "detailed settings" option.

I select the appropriate media type in the Photo print pro dialog box and I select the proper ICC profile I created in the color management box as well.

Do I have to go into the printer driver each time and select the media type as well or is this redundant? In other words does the Photo Print Pro program handle this communication with the printer driver? I cant seem to figure it out and I cant seem to tell a difference when I do so in the prints. I would just like to know what the proper procedure is.

Much regards and thanks in advance.
--

Cheers. Cheers to what we possess within ourselves. Cheers to the possibilities of this day.

NovemberSun's gear list:NovemberSun's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow