G1 X review @ What Digital Camera - No Gold Award

Started Feb 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,331Gear list
Like?
Re: Big price drop to $549-$599 coming soon?
In reply to Rockchan, Mar 30, 2012

Hello,

Since the G1X is readily available now that early adopters have bought theirs and with not so many online "rave reviews", is there going to be a big price drop by beginning of the summer vacation travel season June-July to bring up camera sales numbers?

Something like $550 to $599 or on rebate.

For that kind of money, the flaws can be overlooked.

It might be worth waiting for the price drop to pick up one?

What do you think?

Still deciding on either G1X or Oly EM-D since I already have MFT GF-1 and lenses.

Regards.

Rockchan wrote:

Price started to drop within the first month of its release. Demand seems to be low and it is hard to find discussion of G1X online other than at dpreview.

Reviews don't seems to be as favourable as some G1X owners expect.

According to the advancement in technology, G1X doesn't have much time left to tell us something.

If your meaning of "time will tell" means "the time when G1X price drop significantly", then you may be right.

creeker wrote:

MikeNeufeld30 wrote:

I love how everyone who own's the GlX is trying so hard to defend it. I guess time will tell.

I love how everyone who doesn't own the G1X is trying so hard to bash it. I guess time will tell.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow