Flat view
vao
vao
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
It should have been called 3D
Mar 30, 2012

Hi good fellows,

5D Mk 3 would be better received if it was called 3D. With this release, canon for the first time made the professional DSLR camera comparable to the 1D series. It’s weather sealing, auto-focus, low ISO, speed, dual flash card support are all in the realm of 1D series.

If canon had called it 3D, there would be clear separation between consumer level attributes of previous 5D cameras and this new camera. There would be no complains about price increase for sure, because attributes of the professional camera would justify it.

I have previously owned original 5D, 1D Mk 3, currently own 5D Mk 2 and also previously owned Nikon D700.

About Nikon:

D700 was the only Nikon camera I have ever owned, and it was indeed a very good camera. I sold it because most of my lenses are canon. Now, if you think of 5D Mk 3 as a camera in 1D ballpark, then it starting to make sense, why D800 is $500 cheaper.

Kind regards,
--
Vlad Omelko
http://www.omelko.com

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow