Moving from a K-7 Pentax to either a EOS 5mk2 or a 7 - advise?

Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul_B Midlands UK
Regular MemberPosts: 361Gear list
Like?
Moving from a K-7 Pentax to either a EOS 5mk2 or a 7 - advise?
Mar 29, 2012

I have used a K-7 for a few years, which I liked quite a lot until I discovered the sensor superiority of the NEX5N (in terms of low light and higher ISO especially). Now I'm selling off my Pentax kit and want to move on and up. Since I have a K-5 sensor more or less in my NEX, I need a new DSLR as my 'proper' camera. I am well impressed with the feel somehow of the 5mk2, and I'm drawn to the full frame as this thing seems only slightly heavier/bulkier than the 7. What are the killer pluses / minuses for choosing between these two, and compared to K-5 where do they really win. One thing I really liked on the Pentax was the WR, that take anywhere quality was great. Snother thing is size, with the Pentax you can really grip it nicely and have no shake. My first play with the Mk5, the bulk of it meant I never found a perfect way to hold it super still. I guess that would come. Operationally, feels such a nice fast camera (compared to me old battleship K-7). The 5Mk2 at the airport with standard lens is now less than 2200 pounds. Mark 3 isnt in the shop yet, but even if it was the price is beyond my threshold (should we wait?).

Please update a Pentax man accordingly with nice wisdom.
--
Paul Bentley

Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow