Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lasse Eisele
Senior MemberPosts: 1,585
Like?
Finally, my pics from India
Mar 29, 2012

I finally found the time to process some of the images from my recent trip to India.

I visited Delhi, Jaipur, Ranthambore National Park (tigers) and Agra (with Taj Mahal). It was an eight day totally organized all-inclusive tour, so I never had the time to wait for the best light or try alternate compositions. Sometimes I had to make do with quick snaps through the bus window.

With that in mind, I’m actually quite happy with many of my snapshots.

I brought a V1 with 10-30 + 30-110 and an Olympus E-P1 with a 9-18 mm wide angle zoom and a 50 mm macro lens. Plus a Canon S95, mostly as a backup. I also brought a Gorillapod but no flash. It turned out that I used the V1 exclusively with the 30-110 (that lens was actually the main reason for me to invest in Nikon 1 – m4/3 doesn’t offer anything close to the same quality) and the E-P1 exclusively with the wide zoom. It was a good combo. I always want to have two bodies because I hate changing lenses all the time (I always have the wrong lens on the camera when something happens).

Both cameras performed well and delivered good quality images. But I have to admit there were times when I missed my D300. The most annoying thing with the V1 was actually the terrible startup time. I missed quite a few shots because of that (you can’t always anticipate when something is going to happen and the battery will drain quickly if you leave the camera on). The most annoying thing with the E-P1 was the lack of a viewfinder.

All in all, it was a successful trip in a country that is very exotic for a Scandinavian like myself. I’m particularly happy that we managed to see no less than five wild tigers, some of them quite close. Seeing them in the wild is certainly totally different from seeing them in a zoo! It was really a fantastic experience, something I will remember for the rest of my life.

You’ll find the images in separate posts below this one, so that you don’t have to scroll through all of them if you don’t want to. They are probably way too many anyway, but India is a very exciting country!

Regards
Lasse

Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D300 Olympus PEN E-P1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow