Would like honest opinion for us amateurs

Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ssmumich00
Regular MemberPosts: 413Gear list
Like?
Re: If it's your hobby, get what you WANT, not what you NEED
In reply to Joesiv, Mar 29, 2012

Yes smaller sizes that are easier to store and process.

For landscapes, I use CS5 to stitch, the large 36 mpx's were a bit much...

I might pick one up down the pike, maybe a 800e, but for now hopefully the D4 will do...

Joesiv wrote:

ssmumich00 wrote:

For a pro though, D3s/D4 make a little more sense simply because workflow will be easier, which is why I'm now starting to lean away from the D800 (which also has LCD issues now apparently??!!) Maybe I'll get a D800 for $2199 in 4 years!!

The "LCD issue" seems like a non issue for anyone who shoots RAW. Seriously, I've never used the LCD to judge color or white balance ever. Maybe for focus and exposure. I'll leave color issues to the editing station. Though if one is a jpg shooter, I could see this as being an issue for sure. I guess it would also be an issue for video shooters (yikes)

When you speak of work flow being "easier" for a D3s or D4, are you specifically speaking of the smaller files and quicker processing? Just curious.
--
Cloverdale, B.C., Canada
Currently shooting: Nikon D3S, D700
http://www.joesiv.com

ssmumich00's gear list:ssmumich00's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow