D7000 my first Nikon camera

Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
greyhorse
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 my first Nikon camera
In reply to JHN, Mar 29, 2012

Welcome to Nikon JHN.

Unfortunately the pixelation you are seeing when zooming in on the LCD is just how the camera processes the images on the LCD. I've used both the 60D and the 7D so I know how much better those LCDs look so I know it's a disappointment, but otherwise I find the LCD on the D7000 shows a more realistic view of what my picture will look like. Overall I prefer the Nikon LCD over the Canon simply because it is a more useful means of judging what the RAW files will look like as opposed to the more vibrant/glossy pictures on the Canon LCDs.

As for more setup information on the LCD, simply hit the up or down arrows on the multi selector to show more info. Hopefully you will enjoy your new D7000 the same way I prefer mine over the 7D. I still have my 60D though, since for some shots I prefer the colors from Canon over Nikon.

greyhorse's gear list:greyhorse's gear list
Nikon D90 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a6000 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow