"Mirrorless" is the future???

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bart Hickman
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,226Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless is a good example of disruptive technology
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, Mar 29, 2012

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

1 won't replace F mount it's sensor is too small to do that effectively (look at how 4/3 died in the DSLR business)

I think it will in the low end--D5000/D3000 territory.

Some of the makers might play around with EVF's but you won't gain a size advantage here, in fact a lot of people feel the A55/A35 were too small and they are not comfortable cameras to hold

That might just be because Sony didn't design them well. Anyway I think the shorter registration distance eases some constraints on lens design--at least for wide angle or large zoom range. And the EVF has cost and feature advantages and I think people will prefer them in general in the low end. For the high end, I don't know. Depends on how good EVF's get.

DSLR's are not for everyone, but you won't make every camera small by wishing it so.

I agree, but the DSLR is a solution, not a market. You put up with its problems because you have to in order to get a level of performance. I think the 1-system is a different solution that meets the performance goals for a huge section of the market.

Bart
--
http://bhimages.zenfolio.com

Bart Hickman's gear list:Bart Hickman's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Yes!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow