Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Glasses and cameras
Mar 29, 2012

I was just reading the latest thread on EVF vs OVF and wanted to bring up something we glasses wearers suffer with in cameras. Not that our complaints will be listened to, but...

I have struggled with the best view into camera's eyepieces for my entire life and still dont' have a good solution.

I can take my glasses off, but then where do I put them. I bought a pair of Hoodman Photo Frames (the lenses can flip up) but I dont' use them very much. First, they are men's glasses and hook around the ear very securely. That means I really can't take them off easily. Why do men want their earpieces to go around their ears? My glasses never ever fall off and, oh, never mind... I've though of taking tin snips and cutting off most of the ear piece but haven't done it yet.

But the issue that comes up with taking glasses off or using Photo Frames some of the time is the problem with the eyepiece adjuster. Problem one is I've noticed with recent cameras (Sony) there is no detent for normal eyes. That means it is difficult to return to normal eye position after changing the setting.

But of course it would be even nicer if it had the possibility to save a setting for without glasses. I don't know how it could be done, but without this and a detent, for me it is just too much work to sometimes use a camera with glasses and sometimes without.

The simple detent that used to be in all cameras I've had solves half the problem, which is better than none of the problem. Maybe the answer is that I guy two colors of fingernail polish and mark the two settings I want to be able to return to?

-- hide signature --
 JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow