Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,889
Like?
S100 - the late adopter
Mar 29, 2012

You can stop reading right now. This is really one of those non-posts which says "hey - I just got my....(whatever)" in this case the S100, after dithering for a long while and then wanting one for a long while.

I'm amazed by all the features and the flexibilty it has, very disappointed that there isn't a printed manual, disappointed by the lack of clarity of many parts of the manual. But I've now printed out "my version" of the manual so I won't have to scamper back to the computer every time I need to re-learn how to do something. The S100 interface is significantly different from my G9 and G10.

For me, this isn't really a "shirt pocket camera" and it's marginal as a "jeans pocket camera" - but my hope is that it's close enough to a "jeans pocket camera" so I really will carry it with me almost all the time. I've been missing some very good photo ops, because I don't take even the G series cameras with me all the time.

The first few from-the-hip TV and SV snapz have turned out well. I'm hoping that I won't be whingeing about lack of sharpness in the corners at 24mm, lack of sharpness of the whole lens, lens errors.....

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Canon PowerShot G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow