Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vwcrusher
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
D7000 or ????
Mar 29, 2012

After an interval of several decades, I have decided to obtain a competent SLR body. In reading many of the posts in this and other Nikon forums, it seems that there is a fairly complex decision matrix to solve.

Originally, I felt that the D7000 was a good choice (reasonably priced, much if not all the functionality I will ever need), but now I am not so sure. The D300/s intrigues me greatly, even though it's now 4 and 3 years old (good value = more budget to spend on glass).....Note: I am not at all interested in video, and I suspect most of my photography will be non-studio (with all the implications). I also do not see the need for a ff camera....too much weight and cost. Also, with reading all the reviews, ratings and opinions it is unclear what the real-world tradeoff is between the Dxxx and Dxxxx is.

Then I read that it is probable that both bodies will be updated some time this year....yikes....complexity.

So, my question is thus: Is the D7000 worth the investment at this point (2 year old body)? Is the difference between 2 year old technology and 3 or 4 year old enough? Rationale?

Thanks very much in advance.

Nikon D300 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow