Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sumicron69
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Another Perspective On The New Big Guns
Mar 29, 2012

Could I ask for some input on my situation with all the new full frame technology coming out? I am not sure I want to follow that upgrade path anymore. Beyond obvious image quality improvements. I get the quality thing I have seen what Leica and Linhof could do in the days of film. I have been shooting full frame Canon cameras for almost five years. I got in that segment of the market with the original 5D and continued with a 1DS II. Two years ago I started shooting with a Sony A900. I have seen my share of quality lenses.

I have also been supplementing my shooting with M43 cameras starting with the G1.

For all the time and technology that has come and gone small cameras really have gotten better. Recently the Sony equipment went the way of ebay. This leaves me with one old 5D body and a decent set of lenses and an extensive M43 set up.

Sure I really want the 5d mk3 and would probably be just happy with a shiny new mark 2. The practical side of me though wonders if a 7d or 60d would be just fine.

I do very little paying work anymore and I am just kinda tired of throwing big money at cameras. Heck sometimes the output from the old 5d still looks great. Any insight would be appreciated.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow