Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shunda77
Senior MemberPosts: 1,652Gear list
Like?
Is NEX really the best?
Mar 29, 2012

Hi everybody, I am new to the forums and have a few questions regarding your experience with the Sony NEX cameras.

I am keen to get my first large sensor camera (I have used various superzooms, and compacts till now) and was until recently going to get a Nikon D5100.

But then along comes this Sony camera with amazing reviews about it's sensor and a user interface that most people seem happy with.

I have the nagging feeling the NEX 5n may be the best APS-C camera I could get (image quality wise) for my budget.

I shoot mainly landscapes/nature type stuff and think the flip out screen on the 5n would be extremely useful for this purpose, which is why I also like the Nikon D5100.

I guess I am just unsure as to whether I would be missing something buying this camera over a more traditional DSLR.

My only concerns with the NEX is that there seems to be a few people complaining about dust on the sensor that appears to be hard to remove, and I guess the lenses available are a bit limited.

In saying that, the 16mm prime is very attractive to me from a landscapes perspective and I couldn't match this wideangle without extra expense on top of the kit for the Nikon D5100.

Also, how do you change aperture on non Sony lenses? (possibly a dumb question, but I have no interchangeable lens experience)

If anyone experienced with these seemingly great little cameras can give me the final nudge toward NEX, I might go grab one and join you on the forum

Cheers!
Shunda77

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow