GH2 - problem with corrupted files - can't delete!

Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kiwigirl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,373Gear list
Like?
GH2 - problem with corrupted files - can't delete!
Mar 29, 2012

Last month I had a strange situation where I could not delete some files. I made the mistake of playing with the files in Silky Pix while they were still on the card, before I uploaded them to the computer. This resulted in the automatically-generated Silky Pix DS folder being written to the card. I initially thought this might be the problem.

Normally when I delete files in Windows I get the dialogue box asking 'Are you sure' and on entering OK it just deletes. But with the corrupt files I immediately get a box saying it is 'recycling' and the green bar slowly progesses across till near the end and then freezes. I have to crash out of it.

I got around it last time by transferring the good files either side of the corrupt ones to another folder and eventually managed to delete the whole folder rather than the individual corrupt files. After reformatting the card in camera I assumed all would be well.

Unfortunately it's happened again. I'm using an 8GB Adata Class 10 card which I've used previously on other cameras (TZ7 I think) without any issues. This time I also tried deleting the file from within Silky Pix, but the result was the same and I had to force-close the program. I was able to process the file normally in Silky Pix and it appears quite normal in the camera and in Windows. Haven't tried deleting any more so at this stage don't know if any more are affected but 3 or 4 images have been deleted successfully from within this folder.

Anyone struck anything similar with the GH2? Is the card faulty? The camera? I have not done the firmware update - is that worth doing? Is it worth formatting in computer first before reformatting in camera again? I would really like my camera to be a little more reliable!

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow