Would like honest opinion for us amateurs

Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan Nikon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,500
Like?
The next dpReview Idol...
In reply to npa201, Mar 29, 2012

I took a look at your work on here, what's missing is pure, raw, talent. So if you want to fill those walls with incredible beauty, hire a great portrait shooter who can do that for you. All you are going to do in getting a D800 is have bigger files of average family snaps man...

It's so easy for internet amateurs to get caught up in the gear game and think that they stand a chance at becoming the next "dpReview Idol" but reality is often a far cry from the hype one gets on here.

The D800 is like the best guitar Eddie Van Halen ever played, does not do a thing until an Atomic Punk sets it alight. Some will be able to approach it, most, especially on places like this site, simply can not even begin to fathom how to do that....

D800, bright, shiny new guitar with incredible sound, sustain, wail.....but are you good enough to crush it?

I think you know the answer to that...

npa201 wrote:

My house is feeling a bit empty and would love to fill it with huge prints. I've been pleased with the GH2 output but something seems to be missing in my view. Maybe its not having the larger sensor. Maybe its the dynamic range. Not sure what it is.

-- hide signature --

'Digital is like shaved legs on a man - very smooth and clean but there is something
acutely disconcerting about it.'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow