Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan Hudson
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Images want transfer from camera to CS5
Mar 29, 2012

First time I have taken raw and JPG pictures together with my new Canon T1i. Never had any trouble transfering JPG images from this camera or raw from my G10. I use a USB cable and port on my computer. Today, I tried to upload to my computer raw and JPG images from the T1i. Loading into Adobe Bridge for editing in CS5. The dialogue box looked the same as usual, acknowledged my camera and counted out 74 images, displaying the first thumb nail, but refused to transfer the images. No error message. I tried several times, but always the same behavior. Had to turn the camera off to get rid of the dialogue box. Would not cancel. Never could transfer my images this way. Next I read them from the SD card to a HD drive, so I did get to access my pictures. I then erased all the images on the card and took some test pictures in raw and JPG. They transfered just fine. Seems the card has a fault rather than my camera or computer. Any ideas as to what happened? Would like to avoid that in the future. One other point...In CS5, I sometimes save an edited picture back to itself and it does not appear in Bridge. To reclain my edited image, I must reload the original and it will appear as the edited one. I thought this might be relivent to the upload problem. Thanks to all that help.
--
Christian Amateur Photographer

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P7700 +1 more
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow