new iPad ant-aliasing filter negative effect on Photos ?

Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
fotochop
Regular MemberPosts: 475
Like?
Re: new iPad ant-aliasing filter negative effect on Photos ?
In reply to Peter Rongsted, Mar 29, 2012

Peter Rongsted wrote:

That shows what happens when Safari renders fine lines for display. It shows nothing about how photos are displayed.

Peter

In haste you have replied with "it shows nothing", but you are mistaken.

Distant telegraph wires next to a red wall would be affected by the iPad's application of the anti-aliasing filter as shown in my examples - which would be applied not just in Safari on the iPad, but in all applications. That I used Safari has nothing to do with what is being illustrated here. I could use the Photo gallery, or a native app and the results would be the same.

The second example I posted shows an image being displayed by the iPad. You could make any number of images using colour and lines and other things found in photos. You'll get the same results - that is, bleeding at the pixel level due to the iPads AA filter. Whether you consider this a "negative effect" as posed by the OP is up to you, but due to the distance we hold the iPad at normal viewing, you could argue it's not a negative effect.

I'll be doing some more tests though.

I urge you to do your own tests with an iPad3 before responding with assertions or guesses.

Regards
fotochop

-- hide signature --

|¤ø¤

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow