Best Buy

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
fauxtog
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Buy
In reply to fcfilms, Mar 28, 2012

fcfilms wrote:

for the D4 or D800? I'll believe it when I see the email that says it's ready to pick up....although they did charge my credit card already for the D4

I agree with someone else that said Apple should handle Nikon's distribution and marketing....

I am a D4 guy, not a D800 guy. (Although the details in the D800 photos being posted has made me think more than twice about ordering one of those too.)

Just to make sure I'm clear what I did:

• I read on these forums that Best Buy might be the way to go. (I do not remember who posted it.)

• On March 26, I called a local Best Buy, and the guy told me that the only way I could order one was to come in. He told me that the system was showing that I could get one as early as March 29 to April 5 if I came in and ordered it (and chose to have it shipped direct to me); or by April 1 if I chose to have it delivered to the store for pickup. I chose the latter.

• On the same day (March 26), I went into that location and placed my order. They charged my card immediately. The gentleman helping me made abundantly clear that they would charge my card immediately.

• Two days later (March 28), I was given a UPS tracking number associated with my order. This tracking number shows that the D4 I ordered is an 8-pound package arriving at the store tomorrow.

• I should be able to pick my D4 up tomorrow.

• I will cancel my order at Amazon.

• I will start attaching my finest lenses to the D4, and I expect I will be smiling bigger than those I end up pointing it at (at least until I pay off the credit card at the end of the month).

fauxtog's gear list:fauxtog's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Sony RX100 II +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow