Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sstephan
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
7D af issue update , camera back from canon
Mar 28, 2012

its the second time the camera was in the lab , first time they found nothing wrong , second time they found something , they didnt tell me what it is , but anyway ...

for the fanboys :

as i can see , canon realized i'm a total newb , so they removed the super sophisticated 7D alien autofocus system , and just installed regular af system on my camera .

you know , a system that draws a red square in the view finder , you click the shutter and the camera focuses at the red square area . so now the camera focuses where i want it to - newb af system , no sophistication as the original 7D super duper crazy af .

the new newb af system can even focus on a stupid piece of paper with a black line , even at 45 degrees , or 60 and 30 degrees .just because i'm a newb , canon also removed any need to mfa my lens , now my 24-105L and 50mm 1.4 lenses focus perfectly without any mfa .

and now seriously , i was ready to sell my remaining 2 lenses and get a nikon due to the frustration with this crap , but finally , they fixed it .even the noise looks ok and i'm getting sharp pics .i dont know what exactly they did to it , but now the camera works as it should .

i'll test tracking af tomorrow , i hope i wont be disappointed and i hope this gonna last at least for a few months before the af quits again .

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow