Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yomama
Regular MemberPosts: 162
Like?
Stop the comparison, because there's no comparison
Mar 28, 2012

I never intend to look into buying a FF camera until my uncle gave me a 35L. Yes I can get a APS-C, but it is a waste of a L lens and I love shallow DOF, so I was reading all about 5d2 and now the 5d3. Of course I also looked into Nikon/Sony as well to know more about the FF cameras.

Anyway, I don't understand why people cannot accept Canon's sensor is not as good as the Sony's?? To me, Canon's attraction are their F1.2s.... 50L & 85L. I will buy a Canon FF just because of those 2 lenses. I also love the way Canon renders. Nikon is good too, but not my cup of tea. I am sure those who shoot birds or landscape or need to print big has their preference in terms of the capability of a camera. But for many people, 5d3 or d800 are excellent cameras and will not be able to fully utilize its features. I just found some of the unscientific comparisons and conclusions between 5d3 and d800 to be amusing...... and I come to understand what fanboy means.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow