Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
egk4260
Regular MemberPosts: 278Gear list
Like?
X10, buy it again?
Mar 28, 2012

Considering camera for wife who has expressed some interest in learning beyond P&S. I use Nikon D700/D800 and assorted lenses. She is not interested in gear this size.

I recently held the X10 and found it to be and attractive, compact little camera with plenty of opportunity for hands on learning. Looked at Canon GX1, a bit pricier and larger than desired, difficult to find. Sony NEX 5N, good camera, ugly!, and no viewfinder. Nikon 1, just doesn't do it for me and is quite pricy. Panasonic GX1 also seemed a nice option, larger sensor but also pricier than the Fuji.

Fuji X10 seemed to fit the bill, nice price point, the compact and attractive package. Then there is the sensor issue, seems to produce nice sharp images for a sensor smaller than these other options, but the "orbs" or "blooming" with talk of inadequate firmware upgrades and sensor replacement frightens me.

Do you current users find this to be a big issue and in what situations does the problem arise? Is this going to be a frequent issue in bright conditions or when near water?

Would you buy this camera again?

egk4260's gear list:egk4260's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +9 more
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow