>>>> Street Photography eXchange #7 <<<<

Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Still Young
Senior MemberPosts: 1,306
Like?
well explained xtoph. but…
In reply to xtoph, Mar 28, 2012

To be more explicit: is it legitimate to question about the reality in order to come to “real evaluation”. One of the components of evaluation [especially in SP is “catching a moment”. If the man in the picture is writing graffiti this is a great catch for me but if he is only taking a picture this is another story.

The question is do you treat the picture as a reflection of reality or as painted masterpiece. Does not matter what the reality is only what you see.
Here is an obvious example

Still Young wrote:

Zubu Barunda wrote:

Still Young wrote:

The smile of the right woman looks like posing for the picture? The expression of the left is a puzzle for me. Not clear for me what exactly is the story here.
Can you please elaborate?
still

Still, the story is what you make from what you see in the photograph. Maybe the woman on the left attempted to smash the cameras on display with a telescope and her friend on the right tried to stop her. I do not really know what the story was. I was walking briskly, spotted the scene, it looked interesting, took a shot and walked away not giving a second thought to what I saw.

It is not important what the real stories are, what counts what is created from what the camera captures.

If you stuck to reality then may be sometimes our interpretation is just a fiction? Or better -exaggeration. The art of imagination to see a lot of things behind reality. This is true about all kind of art not only photography. The art of the interpreter himself.
I think the answer is complex.
still

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
cuspNew
blurNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow