Costs of SDM Repairs?

Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nagas
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
Re: Because it's a myth
In reply to Nagas, Mar 28, 2012

To add more:

Then I bought 16-50 da - I had a chance to choose from 4 lenses (such a number was in stock).

Two of them was so off wit my camera, that could not be corrected with AF adjustment, and was send to service straight from the seller...

The lense 16-45 f 4 (I own before) also had a problem - in the widest (16 mm) setting, first element go off the axis (because of reverse tele design 16 mm lenses is longest), causing heavy blur in one corner of the image.

Said this - three Pentax cameras I own K5, K10 and one very old Ashahi Pentax film body from 70'ns which I own about 20 years, functions well, are nice designed and it is possible to take beautiful pictures with all of them. But the system as a whole is not suitable for pro work. Pro gear should not fail in the middle of the event, and quality control should be much better. And we are talking about BEST walk around zooms in the system - DA* !

I am not a pro, thus I will stay with Pentax for some time, but started to think about jump from sinking ship more and more. And holding my money from investing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow