Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scampi1965
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Spend my money :)
Mar 28, 2012

I know I know... another "please tell me which lenses to buy" post!

Well I thought I had it mapped out until the price of the camera I was dreaming of came in so high and now i have to re-consider my lens selection to compensate. Let me explain.

I am a current SONY user. I am definitely about to invest in Canon. The 5D Mkiii of course.

I will NOT buy anything but quality glass. I have been down the path before and budget shopping is well and truly off my agenda. I have $10-11,000 Australia dollars to spend.Body included.

I definately wanted a fast strong zoom and figured the EF 70-200 IS II USM.This is first and foremost for shooting my kids at sport (basketball and football/soccer).

I also want a flexible (i.e. some zoom) landscape lens. I also shoot people (not portrait... people being people) and would like to have a macro ability but think in this round of spending I may need to forgoe this element.

So I might be able to buy three lenses - that was the plan but now with the higher than expected cost, I might be up the proverbial garden creek.

So please, go ahead and throw suggestions and advice at me. New to Canon, very excited about joining their league of followers.

Thank you in advance for any assistance to a new Canon and DPreview user!

Iain
--
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters be kind to you.
--
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters be kind to you.

Scampi1965's gear list:Scampi1965's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow