Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D7000newbie
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Help me decide
Mar 28, 2012

I went out with my 50mm 1.8G and 70-300VR and took some nice pictures(for an amateur and my first time) that I was happy with. I liked both lenses. I was about to buy a 17-50 2.8 Sigma based on some real good reviews and seeing some great pictures. Here is my dilemma. I also want a 70-200 2.8 Sigma (also based on looking at some great pictures). I thought about what I'll be shooting the most. I'm going to motorsport events, sporting events, airshow, zoo and I like taking portraits. 70-200 2.8 can do all those and 5.6 aperture might struggle with subject isolation or even the ability to shoot in lower light. I was still able to get some nice bokeh with my lenses, but it might be harder to do at events. I had a good experience and I learned a lot with my current lenses.

Here is the big question. Which would you rather have?

Nikon 50mm 1.8G
Nikon 70-300VR
Sigma 17-50 2.8

or

Sigma 70-200 2.8

I'm still within my period to return my lenses. I have a D7000. It will be a pretty much an even exchange. Or I can buy a Sigma 17-50 and have the 3 above. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

Here are some of my pictures.

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow