Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,798Gear list
Like?
GH2 instead of OM-D (5 img)
Mar 28, 2012

Decided to move from APS-C (Sony a77) to m4/3. Main reason is size; I travel a lot and have started some birding and the DSLR size with decent zoom is getting to be an anchor. I also loved my OM film system, so as soon as the OM-D was announced I put one or pre-order.

As time went by, I started looking for lenses and found someone selling a lightly used GH2 with 14-140 AND a 100-300. Perfect! Figured I could buy the system, sell the GH2 body, and put them on the OM-D. The GH2 and lenses arrived and I started playing with it.

I am quite impressed. With very little experience with the camera I got some pretty reasonable images in a variety of distance and lighting. I cancelled my OM-D, and plan to keep the GH2. I may change my mind later, but I'm pretty impressed what this small package can do.

Some samples:

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow