Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TomasPino
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
SLT & Sigma Lenses
Mar 28, 2012

I have been looking at getting my first Sony SLT for a while now. I have a number of Minolta lenses, which I would complement with one or two lenses of newer generation.

I am particularly interested in lenses with built-in OS for videos. I understand on the A55, it would allow me to turn off SteadyShot and therefore extend the recording time before overheating occurs.

The two cameras on my shopping list are the A57 and the A65. For videos, the A65 appears to turn off the physical SteadyShot and replace it with a software stabilization achieved by cropping the sensor's image. That crop remains even after turning the stabilization off, so using an OS lens would not get you the wide angle back.

I like the Sigma Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM as an alternative to the kit lens, even if the OS advantage is not fully achieved. I don't know if there's a similar lens (non-OS around $200) that would compare.
Any word on which system the A57 uses?

Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow