Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 12,763
Re: Epson service TOO FAR!
In reply to Timzee, Mar 27, 2012

Timzee wrote:

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

You referred to: Error Code: 0001001B

Look at Page 111.

The 00010000 - 00010003 range of error codes indicates the paper feed is defective.

Thanks for the link. Actually on page 104 of that document it specifically lists Error Code 0001001B as a Head Drive Temperature Error. This is what I was finding in other searches as well. Most said a new head was likely the cure, but there were a few who claimed it could well be a loose wire which was producing a "false positive" as it were.

Others reported that the error occurred after physically moving the printer and indeed my 4000 was moved just before the error started showing up.

So I checked all the connections.. wiggled the wires... still got the error. Finally resorted to a highly technical procedure whereby I rocked the printer back/forth and jostled it a bit. Yeah, I know, pretty lame-- but it seems to have worked. The error no longer appeprinter'she pritner's back to normal. Stay tuned...

That gave me a chuckle along with remembering old times. That is what my Father would do (actually needed to do) for me when I was exceptionally "Naughty" and that also worked.

Just joking of course. My thought is that there evidently was something making only a "slight contact" which can cause heat to be generated so that seems very logical to me. Glad it is back working and hopefully it will continue.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow