Stuck with the dreaded Canon 9500 mk2 magenta cast issue..

Started Jan 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
myseventhlife
Regular MemberPosts: 271Gear list
Like?
What about trying some other type of paper?
In reply to kcbeatty, Mar 27, 2012

I ve just finished printing a series of B&W photos on my canon mg6150. I always trusted canon paper (glossy plus ii) to be the best suitable for canon printers, especially for colour prints, but today that i went to the shops to get some, couldn't find any, so I ended up with HP premium glossy. Didn't really like it for colour prints, and the paper seems to be a fingerprint magnet, but my B&Ws came completely neutral and not bad at all to be honest. So then I printed a couple of B&W photos on the last sheets of canon's plus glossy II that I had left, and, surprise-surprise, they all came with a noticeable magenta cast. Same settings on both situations, same printer, same photos, printing through lightroom 4 and checking the 'print in grayscale' option in the printer's menu.

So I ve got the feeling that canon paper is not optimised for B&W prints, maybe that affects colour prints as well? In any case I would suggest you print in different brands of paper and check for any differences.

Regards

myseventhlife's gear list:myseventhlife's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow