Lens Sony 18-55 vs Tamron 18-200 E-mount

Started Mar 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Samb15
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Re: Lens Sony 18-55 vs Tamron 18-200 E-mount
In reply to borat4, Mar 27, 2012

I did not find a full review at slrgear.com, but did find this one:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/tamron-18-200mm-f-3-5-6-3-di-iii-vc-nex-lens-review-18526

It influenced my decision to buy this lens and I am very happy with it. The lens is beautifully built and has a rock-solid feel (much like a German car) with no play in the telescoping sections and no zoom creep. The look, feel and balance go with the camera nicely and keep the overall package small enough for frequent carrying or travel.

Of course, the most important thing is the optics and it lives up the review mentioned above. Additionally, the image stabilization is amazing, as it has been for me on other Tamron lenses. While a superzoom is never a very fast lens, the high-ISO quality of the NEX-5n and great IS make it easy to get available-light shots.

Maybe this shot will help show why I love this lens. I just noticed the incorrect time and date in the EXIF. It was taken last week in late afternoon, here in Washington, DC.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow