Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
svenphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
D800 studio sample; retouching needed
Mar 27, 2012

took a shot of my wife in the studio this evening, she tried to strangle me when she saw her pics on a 27"monitor, every little detail,every wrinkle.

Sooooo, she doesn't like the new camera in that respect, very revealing. So what I learn from this? wil need to retouch before clients see the picture in full. Also with the wife ofcourse, dont want to upset her too much because in a few years time, there will be that d900,........and we don't want trouble. ( I like the pic,even without post pr)

Seriously though, I guess this is what most medium format guys already know, portraits with this resolution and resolving power will need to be "taken care of" a bit in post production.

Shot taken in raw, converted in lr4, camera portrait profile, no changes made to the picture apart from removing a pimple and basic sharpening.

svenphoto's gear list:svenphoto's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow