Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Horshack
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,922
Like?
D800: Poor LiveView interpolation
Mar 27, 2012

Has anyone noticed how poor the D800's Live View magnified view is? It appears none of the magnification levels are 1:1 pixel views but rather are interpolations of a lower resolution sample, the same as what the D90/D5000 did for their magnified views. This is going to be a big problem for me because I rely on Live View for manual focusing and not having a pixel-level magnification makes focusing difficult. Can others try this on their D800?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. The photos below were taken of the D800 LCD. The photo on the left is the Live View display. The photo on the right is the playback of the photo taken that is previewed on the left. Notice how much sharper the image playback is. All the Live View magnification levels appear to suffer from this same interpolation, with varying degrees of poor clarity.

Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
UglyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow