Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ron Hirsch
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Who has the Canon G1X in stock
Mar 27, 2012

I want to order a G1X, from a reputable source. Are there any such sources in the US, with the camera in stock?

I placed an order with Adorama, who said they had it in stock. Then they sent me emails that they did not have it in stock, and then they did have it in stock. I hadn't bought from them in 30 years, but I thought I'd give them a try.

Well, the camera came, and this is what I discovered

1. I took the camera out of the box, and looked for the battery in the box material. Only the battery cap was visible in the box. Then I finally opened the camera, and the battery was already inside. Batteries are never installed in cameras at the factory.

2. The LCD viewing screen was facing out. It should have been facing inward, so it is protected

3. The LCD screen was covered with fingerprints.

4. The front lens of the optical viewfinder was badly smeared with a fingerprint or the like.

I had no way of knowing if this was a returned camera with possible problems, or a camera that was out on the floor of the store, so I returned it all.

I placed a new order with B&H, who I know is a reliable source. But they have no idea when cameras will be coming in from Canon. And all the "reliable" sources I have used, do not have it in stock, and no one knows when it will be in stock.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow