Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kiri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,303
Like?
HDR software vs LR4
Mar 27, 2012

First of all, let me just say that I have very little experience with true HDR, so it could be that I am doing something totally wrong... but I have just spent the last few hours experimenting with HDR processing in the following software:

• Photoshop CS6 beta

• Photomatix 4.1

• HDR Efex

Using 7 exposures ranging from -2 to +2 exp, I couldn't get any result I was happy with from these softwares

HDR Efex simple could not deal with the ghosting, and PS had problems with that too. Photomatix did better, but severely lacked DR. I could get MUCH better results in terms of DR just with PS.

So after all that frustration, I tried to take a single shot in LR and reduce highlights all the way, and pull the shadows up all the way.

The result has virtually the same DR as the merged HDR I did in PS, and is actually sharper with less other issues.

Naturally, I found this extremely surprising.

Is there a better HDR software out there? Because from what I can tell, there is no point in even bothering with HDR if I can't get better results than with a single shot + LR4. Especially if you then add something like topaz adjust over it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow