Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carlos C
Regular MemberPosts: 357Gear list
Like?
G1X Flash Performance
Mar 27, 2012

Sold my G9 a couple of months ago and yesterday sold my G11. Total take $475. A week ago bought a G1X. Very happy with IQ and overall with my purchase.

A couple of gripes maybe I can solve with the help of some experienced user in this forum.

1) When you take a picture with the onboard flash (have not tried off camera flash yet), the camera is super slow before it is ready for the next shot. I mean, yawner. Any help with this? I am just using the flash the same way I did with the G11, but the G1X takes at least 3 times the time to be ready for the next shot than the G11.

2) Video quality seems poor. Now to be fair, do not use video much, but playback in a computer of a slowly panned scene seems not sharp at all. The manual basically says to select the video option on the dial, point and press the red video button. The sample video I took was an outside view at 4:00 PM on a sunny afternoon. So light was not ans issue. Again, video is not a deal breaker for me, but wonder if other noticed this. PS. Shot in highest video setting quality 1920HD

I do love the IQ and know that with a bit more practice it will easily replace my 5D MArk II when I am touring around and I do not feel carrying a big system.
Thanks for reading and welcome your comments/help.

Carlos C's gear list:Carlos C's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow