Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
svenphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
D800 studio sample of my daughter,oh boy the detail
Mar 27, 2012

Oh boy, focus accuracy is sooooo important, with my d700 it didn't matter much if kids sat still, but with the D800, its paramount they sit still. I had the lcd on camera set on adaptive ilumination, so in my dark studio I thought I was underexposing when chimping, but I used a lightmeter so I knew i was ok, just becouse I am so used to the lcd of the D700.

So i shot lossless Raw, converted in LR4, cameraprofile portrait, no postprossesing apart from sharpening in lr4 and then downsized to 20 mp for this forum.

color looks very different from my D700, more natural, less spectacular,and a tiny bit less contrast.

for all I know, I'm not a pixel peeper....... cant wait to test it with some older models, will post them when avalible

http://www.svenphoto.com

svenphoto's gear list:svenphoto's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +2 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow