K-01 first use photos

Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brett St Pierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,987Gear list
Like?
Not mainstream but ...
In reply to PJ711, Mar 27, 2012

I think you have homed in on the important points that are key to the relevance of the K-01.

There has been plenty of debate about the styling (I am one who thinks it's pretty cool and seems a high quality build and that counts a lot for me), it's size and the wisdom of sticking with the full size K mount but there is no doubt that PENTAX stuck to their word when they said (in interview with one of their execs) that if they played in this space that image quality would be of paramount importance. They seem to have achieved that and the current and back list of quality K mount lenses accompany that. IQ is on the top of my wish list as well.

The styling is a little different but I think the lovely PENTAX primes go well with it (I am a proud owner of DA15mm, 21mm, 31mm, 43mm, 77mm which covers the focal length preferred for my style) and while the K-01 won't be mainstream but it will win converts with what it can do.

Looking forward to getting my hands on one to complement my K-7

Regards.

-- hide signature --

Brett
http://www.pbase.com/shreder

The Journey is the Thing

Brett St Pierre's gear list:Brett St Pierre's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow