Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Richardson
Forum ProPosts: 12,496
Like?
EM-5 in Japan shops in May?
Mar 27, 2012

Is there anyone else here in Japan? For the last few weeks there have been signs in the big camera stores (Yodobashi, Bic Camera, LABI) that said the EM-5 would be available on 3/31. Today I was in the big LABI at Ikebukuro in Tokyo and there was an Olympus rep there by the Olympus cameras. I was looking at one of the lenses sitting out and he came over to talk. I mentioned that I was looking forward to seeing the EM-5 in a few days. He said it should be for sale around 3/30 or 3/31, but probably not in the shops until about May. It was all in Japanese and I couldn't quite catch a few small bits so I may have misunderstood some finer point he was making, but I think I got most of what he was saying. I didn't ask more, but I left thinking he was saying the pre-orders would probably go out at the end of this month, but there won't be any for sale in stores until about May. Hmm. Well, if this is the case then my interest level will drop a whole lot. If true then maybe later in the year when I am in the States I will think about the EM-5 again. It is quite a bit cheaper there anyway since I would have to convert dollars to yen to buy here.

Anyone here know more about this? I am hoping that I just misunderstood something.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow