ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IndianaGeo
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
Oh God, fell and dropped the camera
Mar 26, 2012

Hi All,

I was running to get a shot of a particular "historic" street because I had to catch a train and I tripped on a raised piece of concrete and fell. In trying to protect my camera (Canon 60D) I landed on my elbows. The camera lens somehow hit the pavement anyway and the zoom mechanism seems out of whack now. I can't extend it smoothly. From what I can ascertain the O Ring area where the lens fits on the camera body still seems to be okay. The lens that got whacked was a 17-85mm.

My question is two fold:

1. Is there any hope of fixing the zoom mechanism (i.e. the extension mechanism) of the lens? I know this is a difficult question to answer. The lens still sort of works.

2. Presuming I replace this lens... Can someone recommend a good walk around keep-on-the -camera lens? Should I go up to the 15-85mm? Ugh, it really pains me that I have to shell out for a new lens right now. Thanks.

Regards,

Geo

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow