5N and poor man's macro

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Charlie Lab
Regular MemberPosts: 348Gear list
Like?
Re: 5N and poor man's macro
In reply to Eduardo Lohmann, Mar 26, 2012

I picked up an old but pristine Vivitar 2x macro tele-converter for my Minolta lenses and tried it out for the first time this weekend. It's a pretty interesting piece of kit, acting as a 2x tele-converter, but also has a sliding macro (acts like an integrated macro tube) that allows you to focus from infinity to 1:1 macro. The picture below was taken with my 58mm f1.4 Minolta Rokkor with macro tele adapter attached (making it 116mm on APS-C, or 174mm full frame equivalent, but in macro mode).

Here is a very small sea anemone, a little less than 1" across... it's underwater in a tidal pool, so not ideal shooting conditions... it's also not very high res, as it's saved as a small jpeg since my gallery is full those are grains of sand on top of the anemone, to give you some idea of scale.

I'm new to macro photography, but I can see the appeal already. the one-piece adapter will make it a lot easier to keep my macro kit with me, I imagine.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow