Desktop build for a photographer

Started Feb 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andrew
Contributing MemberPosts: 809Gear list
Like?
Re: Andrew, how did it turn out?
In reply to Snowbird_UT, Mar 26, 2012

Absolutely love it. It's a big rig but super fast for everything I do. Haven't hooked up any of my ISP monitors to it yet but it's running my 24 and 27 just fine. Only issue is that it boots up so fast my Bluetooth keyboard doesn't kick in for about a minute after the rig is ready to roll...not sure what that issue is but I just grab the wired keyboard for my first couple of minutes then switch to the wireless. Love being able to backup via USB 3. Not noisy at all but not as quiet as my old rig. Runs pretty cool but the real test will be during the summer when the AC isn't on. Took about two days to get it up and running and stable. Had some issues when all the drives and peripherals were set up so disconnected everything, loaded the OS then brought each drive into the system one by one once the OS was running smooth and not a problem since. If my readout is right it's running on about 180 watts. Happy to answer any questions.
--
Sony F505(retired), Sony F707(gave to son), Sony
F717(gave to wife) Sony S85(great little camera that
was stolen), Sony CD 1000 (ancient but a great lens), Sony P93
Sony H9(retired) Panasonic LX3 that became an LX5 (small
enough to go everywhere), Nikon D5000 that grew into a D7000, Sony HX1, Pany GH2

Andrew's gear list:Andrew's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Olympus Tough TG-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow