Problem with Alpha 900 (and 700) with MacBook Pro

Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
MikeM42
Regular MemberPosts: 192Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem with Alpha 900 (and 700) with MacBook Pro
In reply to KiwiBee, Mar 26, 2012

I guess I should have made this more clear...and it's only been recently that I've come across the tethering term so it's not a word I think of for what I'm doing. Back when I first tried to do this a few years ago I just knew it as remote camera control and it worked great on my Windows PC (the only thing I've found that works better in Windows since I got my MacBook a few months ago).

I want to be able to connect the Alpha 900 to my MacBook for astrophotography, which usually requires taking a number of photos and inspecting them on the PC screen to ascertain focus, tweaking the focus after each exposure. Once focus is satisfactory, the procedure involves taking a number of exposures of up to 5 minutes each, downloading each to the computer as it's taken so that it can be examined while the next exposure starts. Not only is it a pain to have to remove the USB cable after each exposure and turn the camera off and on, it also introduces the possibility of moving the scope just enough so that the following photo won't align properly for stacking with succeeding photos.

-- hide signature --
 MikeM42's gear list:MikeM42's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow