Panasonic 7-14 f4 or Olympus 12mm f2

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Henning W
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
Re: Wides for m43 -- Olympus M.ZUIKO 9-18
In reply to bluelemmy, Mar 26, 2012

I have both theses lenses, and wouldn't want to be without either. Obviously, the 7-14 is more versatile, and clearly a lot wider. The Olympus 12 is tiny, has a lot better speed and is slightly better optically than the Pany at 12. You'd be hard pressed to notice it unless you test them side by side, though.

Often I take the 12, the 45/1.8 and the 20/1.7 as a small, pocketable kit with me. One lens on the camera over my shoulder and the other lenses and a spare battery in my pocket. Very handy.

The 7-14 is a bit too big for most pockets, and is better carried in a bag. It usually comes along when I carry more equipment - say a couple of bodies and a range of zooms and maybe some specialty other lenses on adapters. The slow speed of the 7-14 isn't usually much of a problem, but it will become even less of one when the OM-D arrives.

I'm going out now with the G3 and the small kit. It's a bit gloomy outside, but pictures are still there.

Henning

Henning W's gear list:Henning W's gear list
Leica M Typ 240
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow