5N: Wish I could understand the logic behind questionable firmware programming ...

Started Mar 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kallel00
Senior MemberPosts: 1,043
Like?
5N: Wish I could understand the logic behind questionable firmware programming ...
Mar 26, 2012

Plain simple:

If you select RAW or RAW + JPG, you're locked out from using the creative modes. This unfortunately includes the auto-HDR. Okay, those can be easily be duplicated in PP software.

One step further into the "WTF were they thinking road ..." , if you select RAW, you're locked out from using the creative modes while FILMING . Okay, I really don't understand that one since filming has nothing do do with your own choice of saving into RAW or JPG

Finally, if you take photos with Panorama, it automatically saves into a JPG, without telling you that it's a mode not allowed with RAW or RAW + JPG

So the question is: Was it THAT hard to simply override the RAW (or RAW + JPG) choice and simply save the picture as a JPG whenever the user selects a creative mode (or auto-HDR) ??? And allow the creative modes while filming, no matter which photo format you've got selected ???

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow