HS30 first bird pictures

Started Mar 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Danielepaolo
Senior MemberPosts: 4,226
Like?
Re: Intelligent zoom
In reply to nobbyball, Mar 26, 2012

nobbyball wrote:

I was seriously considering a teleconvertor for the HS20 to help me in hides - I'm very glad I opted for the HS30 instead.

You want the sony TC. Wait till one comes up cheap second hand on ebay.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=VCLDH1758

Danielepaulo

Thanks for your comment on the Robin. As I posted before I had forgotten to set maximum's on my ISO settings, thanks again for the advice. Unfortunately a lot of the birds I want to photo will be a distance away. I know a DSLR set up would get sharper shots but the portability of the Fuji with small children is the ideal compromise. What is a fact for me is that the HS30 is providing overall sharper shots than I was getting with the HS20.

Forget the DSLR, worry about the HS30. Distance and birds is always a problem but you have to get closer no matter what camera you have unless you are happy with images that are good for ID only.

Finally, a general bit of advice on the HS30 and some settings. Do NOT have the intelligent sharpness ON when trying to photo fast moving things. It slows down the shutter speed. Instead I followed Ralph's suggestions of sharpness set to HARD and NR set to low. This produced some great shots of my boys on their bikes. Sorry but I won't be posting these for, hopefully, obvious reasons.

I would not set sharpness to hard. Sharpen images yourself.

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GuysNew
PerHNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow